Our Cloud approach
Building an On-premise IoT Infrastructure is possible but using an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Cloud approach could saves hundreds of thousands compared to an on-premise approach which may require upfront cost for Server Hardware, Rack Infrastructure, Fiber connectivity, Virtualization Software, and Facilities.
The cloud approach has many other advantages like:
- The use of an “Infrastructure as Code” approach; writing code to manage the configurations and automate the provisioning of the infrastructure using practices that are already being used in application software development. For example: version control, testing, small deployments, use of design patterns etc.
- It enables to easily create, replicate and update infrastructure used in the different environments required during the Software Development Lifecycle and Quality Assurance process (testing, staging and production).
- It enables an iterative development approach where the infrastructure components and services are developed iteratively.
- It reduces costs by running a downsized infrastructure during development phases.
- It enables Agility and fast innovation providing services that would take months to implement and maintain in on-premise infrastructure. For example: Data Warehousing, Machine Learning etc …
Our Testing approach
A testing strategy is very important to lower the risk of defects and to build a long term quality product. Continuous include in his project a IoT Simulator which will be used during the development and verification & validation phase if applicable.
The IoT Simulator has many advantages:
- Ensuring ongoing development of the IoT infrastructure and API development during the firmware development
- Ease Firmware specification alignment: once the simulator specification is defined, specifications are given to the Firmware developers for firmware implementation
- Reduce back and forth changes between firmware development and infrastructure development
- Testing of the Firmware update
- Automated Testing
- Enable faster development of future IoT features
- Simulate End to End testing Scenarios
- Will be used for stress testing in large scale before production use
Our Delivery approach
Continuous put in place a Continuous Delivery strategy in order to orchestrate the update of the different components and applications of the infrastructure. The advantages of this approach are:
- Industrialize the complete Software & Infrastructure Development Lifecycle
- Automate the deployments
- Reduce time to market
An example of a base IoT infrastructure on AWS